In 2005, Brandon Construction was founded in the city of Memphis, Tennessee by Sheree Woodard-Mason. She was a single mother who retired from the military, raised two children, obtained two college degrees, and built her own business from scratch. In 2019, Sheree Woodard-Mason was taken from us from chronic kidney disease. She was a firm believer in giving back to people and helping the community. Sheree often donated to churches, schools, and community projects in hope of making a better future for someone that could possibly change the world one day. Her spirit and willingness to give are a major part of the success of the business. We are looking to award three scholarship recipients who exemplify the hard work and dedication to their community similar to Sheree Woodard-Mason.
- Must demonstrate financial need
- Plans to attend an accredited two or four-year college in the United States
- U.S. citizen or legal resident
- Must be in good academic standing with a minimum 3.0-grade point average
- Should have served in a leadership capacity in school and/or within the community
- Should be a high school senior with plans to attend a two-year or four-year college or university OR a current college student
- Be able to submit an unofficial transcript, headshot, and resume
The essay must be typed and double-spaced OR typed in the space provided.
Please choose ONE of the following:
- How are you currently making an impact in your community?
- How has your community service affected your plans for the future?
- What community service activity that you’ve participated in has meant the most to you?
LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION
OPTIONAL letters of recommendation must be submitted via email. Maximum of two letters of recommendation. *ENCOURAGED*
We know many students are curious about the progress of their scholarship applications. To help you stay on track, here is the timeline for the Sheree Woodard-Mason Scholarship:
- May 31, 2022: Scholarship deadline
- August 8, 2022 (updated): Semifinalists will be notified via email
- September 16, 2022 (updated): Finalists will be notified and announced on our website